Elitism On The Internet


After I read this journal post on a Last.fm journal, and I had to post about it. One of the biggest problems I run into on the internet are combative, uninformed people who insist on everyone sharing only THEIR opinion, and not vocalizing any other viewpoint on the subject. Now since this was wrote on Last.fm, most of the references are related to the site and the people on it, but the principle and message can be construed to any other form of media or entertainment. Gowienczyk brings up some very good points on how this strong retaliation to oposing opinions could actually be construte as communism. I may not feel as strongly as he does, but its one hell of a good read, and should be read by anyone who uses the internet to berate people with their opinion.

I mean it's all starting to come into place now. When I visit pages like mikeroach. Hell, this sort of person makes me feel bad to have the first name that I do. Perhaps, I must explain before this turns into clear, incoherent rambling. I do not understand why these music purist's or rather, music fascists for more of a proper term. I believe strongly in the two rights that intertwine each other: Freedom of Expression and Freedom of Speech. Everyone deserves the right to speak their mind, and nobody should be muted because their opinion is "hateful" to a small group of people. It's also extremely hilarious that these people say WE are the NAZIS. The fascists, the communists, the "haters".

When it itself, they are enthalling what those political systems wanted.
One Opinion. One Law. Opposers will be Executed and Silenced.

It's kind of scary if you look at it that way, isn't it? I can understand how groups flaming users on last.fm is unappropiate, but this kind of idea is wrong on so many levels!

There is nothing wrong with hating artists! Even on their own shoutboxes. It's not like we are on a crusade to raid all of the fan groups on last.fm and bothering them in their fan-enviroments! No. We are going on a open shoutbox and saying our opinion. whether it be descriptive, intellectual, berative, or plain stating the obvious. Because that is Freedom of Expressive.
It's not our fault that you are a moron and don't know how to combat our comments.

Okay, that short banter is done. I end this to tell you one more thing.

Being a Elitist is awesome, and makes you better than everyone else. Not to mention 90% of serious elitist's know their shit about music. Though there is exceptions.


Source: [ last.fm ]

No comments: